Taj Mahal isn’t the sole surprise we tend to India blessed. There’s one living legend United Nations agency not simply makes India proud however continues to inspire generations that Lata Mangeshkar, Lata didi or the lady with a nightingale’s voice, simply the sheer mention of her name leaves melodies like ‘O Sajana’ or ‘Didi tera Devar Deewana’ reverberant in our ears. No surprise once she sang ‘Aye Mere Watan Ke Logon’, even the then Prime Minister of India Jawaharlal Nehru couldn’t twiddling my thumbs his tears. Her voice will create myths return true: it will bring rains, create peacocks dance and move stones. As she turns 87 these days, we tend to bear in mind not just a few of her marvellous melodies, however additionally attention-grabbing stories connected to several of them.
1. Bollywood’s eternal beauty Madhubala felt that the voice of Lata Mangeshkar suited her the most effective. Hence, she had a clause that whenever she would sign a movie it might be her singing for Madhubala. On the contrary, Lata Mangeshkar feels it had been actor Saira Banu United Nations agency carried her voice with utmost perfection.
2. Lata Mangeshkar’s 2 songs – ‘Tere sang Pyar Main’ (Nagin) and ‘Wada metallic element Tod’ (Dil Tujhko Diya) seem within the Hollywood film Eternal Sunshine of the spick Mind prima Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet.
3. The maximum amount as their duets dominated the charts, Lata and Mahomet Rafi didn’t share a really cordial relationship in world. Apparently, the 2 legends fell out on problems with royalty payment on their duets. So much so, that the 2 didn’t sing along for nearly 3 years.
4. Lata Mangeshkar was purported to sing the enduring song ‘Aake Seedhi Lagi’ from 0.5 price tag with Kishore Kumar. however somehow, she coudn’t be offered for its recording. to avoid wasting the song day, Kishore Kumar convinced the musician, Salil Chowdhury and American ginseng each the components on his own! additionally if you bear in mind the start a part of the song ‘Nahi Nahi’ wherever each Lata and Kishore area unit playfully talking — “Ay aao metallic element, dila hai bekarar! metallic element metallic element, na naaaa!”. This half was inserted on Kishore Kumar’s request to RD Burman.
5. Lata and film maker Yash Chopra shared an attractive relationship. No Yash Raj’s film was created while not Lata’s voice in it. Such was Yash Chopra’s fixation for her voice, that it had been solely him United Nations agency convinced Lata to sing for his films, despite her formally yield on playback singing. although she keeps crooning single tracks here and there, her last full-fledged album was Yash Raj’s Veer-Zaara.
6. Lata has continuously been outspoken concerning her dislike for remixing and re-recording previous classics. She had same it spoils the magic of original, one among the most reasons she stopped singing in films of late.
7. Relating to her story behind the song ‘Aye Mere Watan Ke Logon’, that she American ginseng throughout the Republic Day celebrations in New Delhi in 1963, she said, “I declined as a result of there was no time to practice and prepare to sing it ahead of such a big amount of distinguished folks. You see, at that point i used to be operating nonstop. to convey special attention to 1 song appeared not possible. we tend to had little time to urge it prepared.” She, however, sang it, and rest as they are saying is history!
8. Lata and her younger sister and another legend Asha Bhosle’s competition isn’t unknown. They grew apart thanks to personal family problems. however their conflictturned thus apparent on work front too, that it became a continuing bother for musicians long ago. they may not have each of them along on constant project and were forced to decide on sides. However, with time, the 2 sisters bounced back and reunited. the 2 have sung duets like ‘Main Chali Main Chali’, ‘Mann Kyun Beheka Re Beheka’ and ‘Sakhi RI Sun Bole Papiha’.
9. One among Lata Mangeshkar’s longest interviews was done by singer Sonu Nigam on a radio show that Sonu hosted. Actually, it had been Lata’s gift for Sonu to look on his show, for his birthday. She additionally unconcealed an entire ton of unknown stories concerning herself.
10. Lata Mangeshkar and Sachin Tendulkar will open a mutual admiration club. each of them area unit self-acclaimed fans of every alternative. Lata American ginseng his favorite song ‘Mera Saya Sath Hoga’ as a special dedication for Sachin throughout his felicitation once his retirement from cricket. it’s same that Sachin continuously carried a listing of Lata in whichever a part of the planet he traveled to play.
While there area unit various stories round the life and career of Lata Mangeshkar, we tend to leave more for her next birthdays. we tend to want she has more years of excellent health and melodies!
Content Creator : Lata Sharma